Clinical Reasoning in Spine Pain® - the CRISP® Protocols
Type your paragraph here.
CRISP® Education & Research, LLC
Let’s look a little closer:
Spine related disorders (SRDs) are the #1 cause of disability in all corners of the world. There are hundreds of methods, procedures, techniques and devices offered to SRDs patients. We have seen skyrocketing spending and, in spite of this, steadily worsening disability and suffering. This is the low-value environment that patients have to try to navigate themselves through. It is an untenable situation!
What is Needed?
- Develop a more efficient, integrated model in the management of patients with SRDs. A systematic approach that practitioners can utilize to maximize benefits to patients and practice – this is where Clinical Reasoning in Spine Pain® (the CRISP® protocols) come in. The CRISP® protocols was developed based on the vast literature on the mechanisms, etiology, diagnosis and management of patients with spine related disorders (SRDs). The approach provides a framework for the practitioner to apply existing evidence, knowledge and techniques to establish a diagnosis and management strategy for each patient.
- Revamp the approach to spine care. Most spine care is based on a practitioner-centered approach that typically places invasive, high cost interventions at the forefront. The Spine Care Partners Best Practices Care Pathway© was developed with the needs of spine pain patients at the forefront. An integrated pathway was developed by the Spine Care Partners team based on an extensive review of the literature and interactions, discussions and clinical experience that had taken place over a period of some 20+ years.
- The Primary Spine Practitioner Movement The solution to the low-value, high-cost, top-heavy spine care environment requires a shift in the way that spine care is provided in our health care systems. This is where Primary Spine Care Services and the Primary Spine Practitioner come in.
How Do I Get Involved in the Primary Spine Practitioner Movement?
The Clinical Reason in Spine Pain® volumes are the “operations manual” for Primary Spine Practitioners. Training in primary spine care are based on the material in these books. Delving into these books will put you on your way to clinical excellence and prepare you to enroll in a PSP Certification training program.
Strategies for becoming part of the PSP movement and establishing yourself in this innovative approach, see
Primary Spine Practitioner Network.
You will find a wealth of opportunity as well as links to a bona fide Certification PSP Program.
“Does spine care have to be complicated? No, just effective!” Dr. Donald R. Murphy
Donald R. Murphy, DC, FRCC
Author, international speaker, Primary Spine Practitioner and expert consultant
Copyright CRISP® 2018
All Rights Reserved
The top-heavy, expensive, inefficient spine care supermarket
1. The CRISP® Protocols
- Evidence-based, patient-centered, and relationship-oriented
- Enables the practitioner to take an organized clinical reasoning approach
2. The Spine Care Partners Best Practices Care Pathway ©
- Brings clinical excellence to the marketplace
- An integrated, high-value spine program that works
3. The Primary Spine Practitioner
- A new, innovative role in the healthcare system
- Brings much needed front-end efficiency to spine care – primary spine care for back and neck patients